Friday, April 10, 2009

Freedom!

There is a well-worn joke. When your neighbor loses his job, it's a recession. When you lose your job, it's a depression. Well now, this recession has officially become a depression. On the up side, that means I am able to once again speak about things.

On the downside, that leaves me fighting with Comcast. We've been customers with them for 3 years while we've lived here. Last year, in acquiring a land-line for the children, we ended up with their largest package including a teaser rate and a contract. Now, a contract is a contract, but there are also times for renegotiating. When I called my other services to minimize services until something new came along (att wireless for instance), they were happy to change the terms of service around.

With Comcast it has been a different story. When I called them, they would not let me drop or minimize service in any wayy without sticking me with the termination fee.

Here's the kicker. I've spent somewhere around 6000$ on comcast since I moved here, and plan on using ISP, cable and phone in the future. Despite that business, and in serious jeopardy of any future business, they are insisting on the termination fee. 150$ despite thousands spent and in lieu of thousands of future dollars.

No comments: